The sixth state rankings for the 2017 the season have been released by the NYSSWA. Below are the WNY teams that made the cut:
No teams ranked
Williamsville South #7
Health Sciences #9
East Aurora #19
Chautauqua Lake #5
** According to the rankings...
- Still no teams ranked in NYS Class AA, still no surprise. UPrep has made it all the way to #4 in the state's highest classification, and at 11-2, one of its loses came from Niagara Falls.
- Mount St. Michael is #9 in NYS Class AA and needed overtime (along with Noah Hutchins on the bench) to defeat Park, who remains #1 in NYS Class A.
- St. Francis losing at unranked Canisius by three got them dropped from NYS Class A, after being #14 last week. The Crusaders also remained unranked by the state.
- Timon moved up from #22 to #17 in NYS Class A.
- Health Sciences was penalized three spots in NYS Class B, falling to #9 after losing at St. Francis, but the Falcons are back in the state final four again with no Rochester teams ranked ahead of them.
- Walsh dropped seven spots in NYS Class B, from #15 to #22, for losing by two points at unranked Nichols.
- Dunkirk's loss at Chautauqua Lake has them out of the state rankings in NYS Class B, where they were #19 last week.
- Meanwhile, East Aurora moves up five spots in NYS Class B, from #24 to #19, following a week that saw them beat Maryvale by 14 points. Newark, who traveled to Buffalo and beat the Blue Devils by eight points without ever trailing, is ranked six spots behind EA at #25.
- Chautauqua Lake is once again the team from Section VI in NYS Class C after knocking off Dunkirk. The Thunderbirds jumped from #11 to #5, while East, who had been ahead of Chautauqua Lake, dropped from #10 to #14 after its loss at the buzzer to unranked Cardinal O'Hara.
- The three Class D teams ranked in NYS, Ellicottville, Franklinville, & Sherman, all moved up one spot from last week's rankings.
Click HERE to see the complete NYSSWA State Rankings.