(Health Sciences is the only team in WNY to maintain the same poll ranking all season/Photo: Harry Scull,Buff News)
1. Canisius (MMA) - The defending champs got pushed to the brink last week in a double OT win at St. Francis. Now they wait to see if they'll draw them again, or rival St. Joe's, this Friday in the Manhattan Cup semifinals.
2. Park (MMA) - Winners of their last four, the Pioneers face Timon on Friday night in the semis, a team they split with, but took the more recent meeting in a rout.
3. Timon (MMA) - We find out on Friday night at the Koessler Center if the Tigers have solved their third quarter woes against the best in WNY.
4. West Seneca West (A1) - Now a perfect 20-0 and a top 10 team ranked in NYS Class A, the Indians are ready for another postseason run. The Fall season certainly went well enough for them.
5. Williamsville South (A1) - The Billies ride an 11-game win streak into the postseason, after capturing a fifth straight league title in ECIC II.
6. Niagara Falls (AA) - After a resounding win in the NFL championship game, the Wolverines head into sectional play with one thing in mind - three-peat!
7. Lockport (AA) - It's been a long time since the Lions played for a Class AA title, but after securing the #2 seed with a solid season, Lockport is the favorite to get there.
8. St. Francis (MMA) - The Red Raiders found plenty of reason to believe they could be this year's Manhattan Cup spoiler when they nearly defeated the Crusaders last week. A third win this season over St. Joe's on Tuesday would give them that opportunity.
9. Williamsville North (AA) - Finished the regular season off with a good win over a tough team from Cheektowaga. The Spartans are big and they can really defend, which should give them a legitimate chance in Class AA.
10. North Tonawanda (A1) - Started last week with a loss to CSAT, before rebounding with a win over Grand Island. They could draw Williamsville East on Friday night, which would be a an all 2-3 zone affair.
1. Health Sciences (B2) - They've been ranked #1 all season, but enter the postseason as the #4 seed in Class B2 thanks to a flawed seeding system. The implication is a collision course with Middle College in the semifinals.
2. Olean (B1) - The Huskies enter sectional play with the second longest win streak in the area at 15 games, along with the second best record of 19-1.
3. Middle College (B2) - The Yale Cup Champions would have to get past Health Sciences to win Class B2 regardless, but shouldn't have to worry about that game until the final, after earning the #1 seed.
4. East (D) - For the first time, the Panthers prepare for a postseason run in Class D and will have to get through a pair of ranked teams to win it.
5. Franklinville (D) - The Panthers won the coin toss against Ellicottville, which ultimately meant they could avoid East or Ellicottville until the final, provided they can get past the likes of Panama & Sherman first.
6. Cardinal O'Hara (MMA) - Came back to knock off Nichols on Friday to ensure themselves the top seed in the Class B Manhattan Cup playoffs. Now they may need a repeat victory over the Vikings to move on.
7. St. Mary's (MMA) - The Lancers have their squad back and healthy for a postseason run. Now the focus becomes playing playoff basketball.
8. Niagara Catholic (MMA) - Dropping two games to St. Mary's in the regular season doesn't mean much. These Patriots have as good a shot as any to emerge as tournament champions.
9. Tapestry (C) - The body of work throughout the year keeps them here for me, but an end of season loss at Maple Grove shakes up the whole way you look at Class C.
10. Ellicottville (D) - The Eagles get their postseason started with the winner of Frewsburg/Brocton on Friday night, where a win could earn them a possible date with East.